Saturday, November 03, 2007

Saturday report: all is well

Mick Miller once said he didn't believe in the transmigration of souls, and he didn't believe it when he was a frog.
In the same way, I don't believe in all that astrological mumbo-jumbo, but that's because I am a typical Gemini.
Interestingly, my new-found young friend Clare is also a Gemini, and she's also left-handed like me, so it's not surprising we get on so well.
Today - a beautiful autumn day full of sunshine and colour - we attacked the garden together, trying to clear all the vegetation that has been obscuring and choking the pond. And my goodness, we worked like Trojans. You see, we Geminis are like that. We alternate between lethargy and frenzied activity. Tomorrow, I am going to have a crack at lethargy - if Clare will let me.
Moths: only four in our traps last night, but four beauties: Feathered Thorn, Juniper Carpet and two Bricks, the last much prettier than its name. The moth above is a Feathered Thorn.

No comments: