Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Trellis at her most trenchant

My tireless correspondent attacks the New Year with her usual vigour.
Dear Carol Vorderman,
she writes, I notice you have taken to writing things in foreign lately. Personally I don't mind as I never take any notice of anything you say anyway, but it does seem a bit like showing off to me. After all, how many people do you know who understand Latvian? I rest my case.
Now, listen to the words of wisdom of an older woman: you've got a degree in mathematics and a nice bum, isn't that enough for you?
But in this season of goodwill to all persons, I will not eradicate you further. I wish you a Happy New Year and lots of luck. By the way, I don't know who chooses your clothes, but whoever it is you should get rid of them. Talk about dowdy!

No comments: