Tuesday, January 08, 2008

It's tomorrow!!!!

I am SO excited! Tomorrow I am going to have a baby! WOW. It's really really hard to get my mind round it. The doctors have made the decision that it is better to induce the birth rather that let it go to term. I am cool with that. These guys know their business.

Hell, it was only mid-December that I had the last one.

You will appreciate that this is a very emotional time for me. Goddammit, I've got a man coming to the house tomorrow about the double glazing, and there's me in Addenbrooke's Hospital, in the Rosie Maternity Wing no less, bringing new life into the world.

Well, not actually me, of course. My job is to feed the cats and keep an eye on the house while Alison does the business. But we all make our contribution any way we can.

D-tilde, you are right I am a poor deluded man, but even dweebs like me have our moments, and tomorrow is one such.

Also, don't mock, someone has to get the cork out of the champagne bottle, and my guess is that Alison's hubby might be a little too preoccupied to get it quite right. So, in addition to cats and security lights, I will be on booze patrol.

Chacun a son metier, as you might say.

No comments: