Saturday, October 11, 2008

Am I losing it?

I wish to lodge a complaint. I have just tried to watch a well-recommended movie called "American Gangster".
Let me come straight to the point.
In my day, the good cowboys wore white hats, the bad guys wore black hats. Cops were clean-cut and villains were unshaven and shifty-eyed.
Also, for the record, Denzel Washington was a good guy, but in this movie, he appears to be a villain. I say "appears to be" because I can't work out who he really is, or who is doing what and with which and to whom. Or why.
Even with subtitles. It got to the point where I realised I didn't care.
I will rerun Miss Congeniality instead. There's nothing about Sandra Bullock that I don't understand.
I tell you, mes anges, if I am not very careful in my choice of movies, the world of entertainment is going to pass me by.
Oh, for those of you who don't know her, here is Sandra Bullock:

No comments: