Monday, September 04, 2006

Moments

The best advice I was ever given was "Don't save the good times up." Read this poem by Jorge Luis Borges and think on....

If I could live my life over again
In the next life, I would make more mistakes.
I wouldn't try to be so perfect.
I would relax more.
I would be much more fun-loving
than I have been in this life, doing
only very little with such seriousness.
I wouldn't be so clean.
I would take more risks, take more
trips, watch more dawns, climb more
mountains, swim more rivers.
I would go to more places I haven't been.
I would eat more icecream and fewer peas.
I would have more real problems
and fewer imaginary ones.

I was one of those people that lived
each minute of life realistically and prolifically.
Of course I have had moments of happiness.
But, if I could go back and do it again,
I would try to have only good moments.
Because if you don't know, life is made of that:
moments, only moments.
I used to be one of those people that
never went anywhere without a
thermometer, a bottle of water,
an umbrella and a parachute.
If only I could live my life over I would
travel lighter.
If I could live my life over, I would
begin to walk without shoes at the
beginning of the Spring and continue
barefoot until the end of Autumn.
I would travel more by the unknown
roads, I would enjoy more sunrises
and play with more children - only if
I had another chance at life.
However, here I am 85 and I know
now, that I am dying.

No comments: