Saturday, September 30, 2006

They're at it again

Mommy, I think the orangutans like Sophie.
Really, Kiki? Why is that, do you think?
Because she's got red hair, just like them.
And long scrawny arms and a fat belly too.
Harry, that's not nice. Say sorry to your sister.

Grandpa, why have you got hairs growing out of your ears?
It's better than having hairs growing into my ears, poppet.
That's silly. Anyway, I think hairy ears are gross.
Maybe so, but it's better than having hairy eyeballs.
Grandpa, I don't wish to continue this conversation.

Mommy, Harry's put the cat in the refrigerator again.
Harry! You bad boy! Why did you do that?
It's a hot day, and she's wearing a fur coat.
So you thought it would cool her down, right?
No, I just think it's fun putting the cat in the refrigerator.

Kiki, finish eating your apple.
But, Mommy, it's got half a worm in it.
Aaarrrrggghhh!!!!!

Mommy, I think Grandpa is dead.
What???? Why do you say that?
He's asleep in the chair, but he's not snoring.
Oh, what a relief. He's all right, darling. He's just taking a nap.
Well, I guess it's quite nice not having him dead around the place.

No comments: