Saturday, March 31, 2007

Alternative energy

I find Mrs Trellis's knack of coming right back with commentary on my postings very unnerving, but I am much too nice a person - as you know - to suppress her offerings. Here is her latest:
Dear Jeremy Paxman, she writes, I was pleased to see that you are fronting a campaign to save the Swift Turbine, which, in my view, is one of the very few hopes we have to save the planet from global warmth and other things that don't bear thinking about, like Greenland falling into the sea. I know nothing about these matters, of course, except from my late husband, Mr Trellis, who was passionate about what he called "alternative energy". After his retirement, he spent a lot of time in Rhyl with his trouser bottoms rolled up paddling in the sea in an effort to harness the energy of the tides. Poor man, he could have caught his death but for the ministrations of a Mrs Prytherch, the landlady of the B&B where he stayed while conducting his experiments. She, I believe, kept him warm one way and another, god bless her kind heart. If you are ever in this part of the world, I would be happy to entertain you and your lovely wife Moira Stewart to a leek supper, although she, being a darky, might not find it spicy enough.

No comments: