Thursday, April 05, 2007

And now, for the good news....

The best advice I was ever given about nature watching was to sit still, shapeless, and wait for wildlife to come to you. I have been sitting shapeless on my patio for the last hour or so, and it has been wonderful. A Robin feeding within a yard of my feet, Greenfinches noshing in the nearby plumtree, Blue and Great Tits zotting back and forth, Blackbirds and Dunnocks singing,
and, glory of glories, the Cock Pheasant walking around on the lawn for a while quite oblivious of my presence. Next to me, my Rosemary bush was alive with bumblebees and other inkies I couldn't put a name to, all a-hum and a-buzz.
And as if that were not enough, the first of my Emperor Moths has emerged, a male which stayed around just long enough for me to show him to my neighbours before he took off into the empyrean in search of nooky, bless him. The rest will emerge soon, and I will, of course, keep you informed.
So, "God's in his Heaven, all's well with the world", even if one or two little local difficulties earlier in the week conspired to poison my soul.
All right now, though. Hugs and kisses all round, folks, whether you want them or not!

No comments: