Wednesday, April 25, 2007

The Passing of Upper Right Eight

Upper Right Eight and I have been together most of my life. Upper Right Eight is younger than I am but I never treated him with anything but respect. I repaired him and capped him and kept him as shiny as is possible for something buried at the back of the mouth, but yesterday Upper Right Eight was wrenched from me. Another bit of J Allsop will shortly be part of a landfill site or a bag of Blood, Fish and Bone.
At this rate, I will run out of bits before long.
Farewell Upper Right Eight. You never were much bloody use as a tooth, and you certainly weren't wise or you wouldn't have let the decay in. But I shall miss you. For a while, anyway. Till the socket closes and my tongue stops poking about back there in the darkness.

No comments: