Saturday, April 07, 2007

Mrs Trellis discusses rabbit stew

Dear Laura Bush, I am glad to see you share my interest in lagomorphs. The late Mr Trellis was very partial to rabbit stew, "Welsh Rabbit with Fur On" he used to call it, he was SUCH a wag, bless him.
Of course I had to skin them and gut them and prepare them and cook them and garnish them and serve them, but it's a woman's task to please her man, isn't it? In Mr Trellis's case, I knew the only way to his heart really was through his stomach, him not taking much interest in marital things, if you know what I mean, though he did say something very suggestive and unwesleyan to me on Llandudno Pier one very hot Sunday afternoon, but it might just have been indigestion. Does Mr Bush like rabbit too? I guess he has to eat all kinds of stuff, what with him entertaining foreign dignitaries and the like. Mind you, I don't envy him having to eat sheep's eyeballs and wossnames, tentacles, what those uncouth Berber people eat.
Yours
Blodwen Trellis, Widow, Retired

No comments: